In ESXi 6 U2, VMware has released Embedded Host html Client to manage ESXi Host. This is html based client and it makes esxi host management very easy.
You can use html client to manage ESXi Host settings, Datastores, networking, deploy new VMs, perform VM power operation….etc. With html client you can easily take Console of VMs and don’t have to wait for installing VMRC plugin.
However still it is not full featured Host client. See the official Fling page for more details Host Client Fling.
for ESXi 6.0 and ESXi 5.5 you need to Download HTML Client fling and install it manually on ESXi host.
Once you install HTML client Fling you can access it using https://esxi-Hostname-or-IP/ui
@virtuallyGhetto has provided more information on html client.
Cannot access ESXi html client, 404 Page Not Found error
If you upgrade ESXi 5.x to ESXi 6u2, you may not get the Client login page and receive error 404 Page Not Found
Perform below steps to fix the issue.
- Login to ESXi Host using SSH. ( you need to enable SSH on Host if its not enabled already )
- Make sure html client VIB package is installed
- esxcli software vib list | grep -i esx-ui
- e.g. expected output as below, if you don’t get this output means html client is not installed.
esx-ui 1.0.0-3617585 VMware VMwareCertified 2016-04-20
4. Edit /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/endpoints.conf file and add below Line at the beginning of the file, do not change anything else in file.
5. vi /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/endpoints.conf
/ local 309 redirect allow
save and close file.
6. Restart reverse proxy service.
Now try to access html client by visiting https://esxi-hostname-or-IP/ui